February 2, 2017
The average consumer searching for senior care for a loved one has little understanding of what types of care are available; doesn’t distinguish between assisted living, independent living and nursing homes; and turns to social media not for information, but moral support during the buying process. Those insights are just the tip of a virtual iceberg of information we uncovered in our new research, From Independent Living to Nursing Homes: Understanding the Buyer Journey for Senior Care.
The market research report is the first of its kind in the senior care industry and just the second such consumer research ever produced after a banking industry report I authored under the Social Media Explorer brand in 2012. The analysis for this report was conducted on social media and online conversations that occurred from Nov. 1, 2015 through Oct. 31, 2016 and focused on purchase and use indicators for senior care facilities and services.
Our conversation research focuses on the true voice of the consumer. What we’ve uncovered in this report are insights from true, unbiased opinions of people considering and even actively shopping for care for them or their loved one. This is deeper than a survey or a focus group. It’s actually mining the conversations of the largest focus group in history: social media users.
The report is 55 pages, features over 60 charts, graphs and informative displays and dives into the mindset of those searching for senior care options for themselves or loved ones. Among the insights, the report uncovers:
- A mapping of the five phases of the senior care buyer journey reflected in online conversations
- A breakdown of the conversation drivers around decision points in that journey
- Analysis of both positive and negative conversation topics to reveal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the industry
- Consumer focus group data around the use of digital and social media to make care decisions
- Demographic, psychographic and socialgraphic data points for more meaningful audience understanding
- Specific issue discovery around the quality of care, the emotional journey and primary questions of the senior care shopper
The executive summary of the report is available as a free download. The full report retails for $1,250.00 and can be found on our Conversation Report Product Page.
We will share more from the report in the coming days here on the CRI blog, but if you are in or have a connection to the senior care space (nursing homes, assisted living, independent living, long-term care, hospice and more), this report is never-before-seen data around who, what, where, when, why and how adult children of seniors discuss, investigate and decide on where to enroll their parent.