Your prospective customer doesn’t know what products you offer. She doesn’t distinguish between assisted living, independent living and nursing homes. And yes, she uses social media, but not for what you think. Those insights are just the tip of a virtual iceberg of information uncovered by the Conversation Research Institute’s (CRI) new research, From Independent Living to Nursing Homes: Understanding the Buyer Journey for Senior Care.
This never-before uncovered consumer research report presents the first-ever look at the online voice of the senior care consumer, specifically focusing on the conversations around selecting a facility or service of care for a loved one. By analyzing the conversations of the world’s largest focus group (social media users), CRI has quantified critical data points to give brands in the senior care space never-before-realized consumer insights.
The 55-page report features deep dives into the mindset of those searching for senior care options for themselves or loved ones. Among the insights, you’ll find:
- A mapping of the five phases of the senior care buyer journey reflected in online conversations
- A breakdown of the conversation drivers around decision points in that journey
- Analysis of both positive and negative conversation topics to reveal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the industry
- Consumer focus group data around the use of digital and social media to make care decisions
- Demographic, psychographic and socialgraphic data points for more meaningful audience understanding
- Specific issue discovery around the quality of care, the emotional journey and primary questions of the senior care shopper
Conversation research focused on the senior care industry has never been produced. Until now. This unprecedented, deep dive into the issues, concerns and opportunities around the senior care consumer offers insights that can affect senior care brands and facilities decision-making around products, customer experiences, marketing messaging, targeting and more.
Conversation research is the analysis of online conversations, leveraging both social technology and human analysis, to uncover insights for business intelligence. The Conversation Research Institute is the first organization solely devoted to this innovative market research practice. The report is authored by Jason Falls, a conversation research innovator and long-time social media practitioner and analyst.